Thursday, August 21, 2008

7542 '88 Qingbing ended, Vintage Qing Dynasty Brick began.


During 2 weeks of babysitting a pot, what I was brewing in it was 16 grams of 88 green bing. Of course, I wouldn't have let each moment pass without having something special in it. The tea ended last night with detail tasting everyday for 2 weeks.... And new tasting began. I transfered 11 grams of the Qing Dynasty puerh in it and passed it on to Michael from tea gallery, the rightful owner of the pot. He will now refine brew it everyday, producing cold and hot pots of this rarest vintage puerh. Lets see if this session will break the record of 5 weeks of tasting.


Paring with it, a choice of OpusX Churchill 2007.

9 comments:

Sarash said...

I think Cigars and Pu-erh Tea are a great way to introduce more men to tea in the Western States.

Tuo Cha Tea said...

Hi,

do you mean you brew the SAME tea for 5 weeks??

toki said...

I cannot agreed more! Sarash. And Yes, it is the same tea on Sixth weeks brewing now. You have to try it to believe it : ) cheers

~ Phyll said...

Tomas, I asked Toki the same question! :) Here I am worried about bacterial infestation and mold from having tea leaves in the pot for a few days...and Toki here is still slurping for 5 weeks. :)

toki said...

As long as you pour out each "detail" brew everyday and replace with boiling water + a 1 sec quick rinse brew, seal it with another pour over the pot. Bacteria and mold should not occurs..... If it does, then the grade of the tea... should not even feed to the puppy : P

Matt said...

Got your package. Sure to brew them for weeks.

Peace

toki said...

excellent Matt! The last pack is this 7542. You can tell me about it after 2 weeks : P

scotttea said...

Pardon my ignorance on the matter, but when you say "Qing Dynasty Brick" you do mean a brick that is roughly 100 years old?!? If this is the case, how and where did you obtain this little treasure? I have only run into a handfull of the the stuff myself and can only remember its smooth, sage's breath-like quality. The more you can do to shed some light on this topic for me the better. Many thanks ^_^

toki said...

hi scottea - this brick I believe should be more then 150 yrs old. You can read about it from my previous 3 posts, it's long and hope you might find it interesting enough to continue : P

At the moment, this pot of tea will be brewing at the tea gallery nyc for another (hopefully) 1 month. Maybe in the future, we could have a group tasting for another 12 grams?

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.