Wednesday, March 25, 2009

New Spring Additions Part 2


What are the odds of finding two teapots from the same studio? And what are the chance to have them reunion from thousands of miles away, and years apart? Faith plays a funning role in my tea life, it will only be more exciting from this point on.

A big brother? Or a little brother I'd found yesterday at the Tea Gallery. The same style, made and fired level pot.... could it even be the same artist as my new Taiwanese Zhuni? What a coincidence. But do I need another one.....

If you are a teachat chatters, as I am a faithful follower. I just made a friend, whom she was a descendant of one of my favorite Qing/Republic Yixing artist. "By Faith, Not by Quest" is my tea virtues.

4 comments:

Trent said...

"A big brother?"
The first time I saw the image, I almost thought there was a mirror. Congrats on your find!

toki said...

Thanks Trent. How funny was that : )
Maybe I will bum into his sister soonest. Cheers - T

Brittiny said...

I was thinking the same as Trent, at first glance I thought it was a mirror. Great picture!!

darwin said...

tim,
the pot is very very nice, simple and elegant, no words can describe

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.